News

Have your say on high school

A new year brings new plans

LET SECONDARY EDUCATION BEGIN: About 100 Year 7 students started secondary education at Narrabri High School on Tuesday. They came from primary schools across the shire, including pictured here Miranda Hamilton, Maddi Condon, Eliza Dampney, Bonnie Ballangarry and Grace Johnson (St Francis Xavier’s School), Pippa Smith, Amalie Gosper, Denae Seymour, Charlette Smith, Alan Thompson, Jake Farr and Sean McLean (Narrabri West Public School) and Lily-Rose Baker, Tashanny Clark, Dominique Baker and Claudia Penberthy (Narrabri Public School).

It’s a new year, and with the appointment of a new permanent principal, a new era at Narrabri High School, and the community is being invited to have its input into how the school is run.

School started for students on Tuesday, with this year’s role expected to be about 526.

Of those, about 100 began their high schooling as Year 7 students on Tuesday.

There have been some positive

inquiries for prospective new students as well.

Principal Dinos Charalambous told The Courier when he was appointed to the permanent position last month that one of his main aims was to get the community more involved.

And he is giving them that early in his tenure.

The strategic plan for the school for 2018-2020 is being prepared and Mr Charalambous said he encouraged feedback on the plan.

“It’s the big ticket item,” he said.