The Narrabri Basketball Association welcomed a host of players to the courts on Tuesday and Wednesday night, ahead of the coming local basketball seasons.
This season there will be three competitions - mixed, men’s and juniors.
NBA secretary Trish Lawty said that four teams had already committed to both mixed and senior competitions, while last night more than 10 juniors took to the court for a come-and-try night.
Lawty said that the two senior competitions would formally start next Tuesday and Wednesday, or the following Tuesday and Wednesday at the latest.
Junior basketball will also begin in the coming weeks.
Lawty said that anyone was welcome to come to the courts and register to play next week, whether it be as an individual or full team.
Last season the mixed and men’s competitions were played under a social format, but this season will once again see the sides competing competitively for trophies.