Narrabri FC still undefeated, just

Narrabri FC still six points clear at the top after draw

Narrabri FC left winger Mitch Wood beats a defender on Saturday at Hogan Oval in his side’s 1-1 draw with Moree Services FC One. Overlapping in support is Narrabri FC left back Matt Dunn.

Namoi Soccer League leaders Narrabri FC continued its undefeated start to the 2018 campaign on Saturday.

In round seven the local side welcomed Moree Services FC One to Hogan Oval.

The 2017 grand finalists and current top two continued their tough and intriguing rivalry with a 1-1 draw.

Narrabri was surprisingly lacklustre in a match that offered it a chance to move nine points clear at the top of the table.

However following uninspiring performances from both sides a draw was a fair reflection of the contest.

Moree took an early lead, when last season’s grand final goalscorer Alex Madden charged past the Narrabri FC defence and onto a through ball, before slotting a one-on-one shot past FC keeper Zaac Brayshaw into the bottom left hand corner.

Moree should have doubled its lead midway through the half, but Brayshaw brilliantly denied Madden from a second one-on-one chance.

The home side struggled to create any momentum or chances in the first half, and simply did not look like scoring.

That was until the 40th minute when attacking midfielder Toby Sunderland pounced on a Moree defensive error to charge into the box and cross to unmarked striker Blake Jarrett who found the back of the net from just outside the six-yard box.

The sides entered the break locked at 1-1, and that was the way the score remained at full time, with neither side able to find the back of the net in the second half.

Narrabri FC created several chances in the final 15 minutes, benefitting from a tactical change which saw Jake Brayshaw move from centre back into an attacking role.

But the home side could not find a winner, forced to share the points with Moree.

In the other round seven match Wee Waa United scored its second win of the season.

It travelled to Moree to challenge Moree Services FC Two, winning that contest 2-1.