ABN 67 000 207 750
- This Privacy Statement details The North Western Courier policy regarding any personal information you might offer to us via the North Western Courier website at www.thecourier.net.au (Website), and how the information you provide may be used.
- By viewing and using the Website you will be deemed to have agreed to the matters described in this Privacy Statement.
- The North Western Courier may store some information on your computer, including cookies, when you visit our Website. Cookies are snippets of information a website transfers to the hard drive of a visitor's computer to keep a record. This information facilitates your use of the Website. You can erase or choose to block this information from your computer if desired. Erasing or blocking this information may or may not limit the range of features available to you on the Website.
Collection of personal information
- The North Western Courier only collects information about you when you provide it to us.
- Information sent to us by your web browser may be automatically collected. This information typically includes your domain name (for example, the site after the @ in your e-mail address). It may also contain your user name (for example, the name before the @ in your e-mail address). Other examples of information collected by our server include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, the average time spent on the Website, your operating system and platform, pages viewed, information searched for, websites visited before and some other relevant statistics. The amount of information sent depends on the settings you have made available on your web browser.
Disclosure of personal information
- Your personal information may be used to:
- provide you with products and services;
- provide you with updated or new information about our products and our services;
- develop existing and new products and services;
- maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems; and to
- provide and promote our and our suppliers' other products and services.
- In providing our products and services or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third party organisations, including:
- outsourced service providers;
- regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law; and
- our related organisations.
- our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors;
- All information sent by your web browser will be used only to assist us for the purposes of providing an effective service on the Website. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party websites from which it is possible to link to the Website with information relating to the number of users linking to the Website from such third party website. You will not personally be identifiable from this information.
- The North Western Courier may use the information that it automatically receives from your web browser to see which pages you visit within the Website, which website you visited before coming to ours, and where you go after you leave. The North Western Courier can then develop statistics that are helpful in understanding how our visitors use the Website. We may use this information to measure the use of the Website and to administer and improve the Website. Once aggregated for statistical purposes, you will not be personally identified from this information. This statistical data is interpreted by The North Western Courier in its continuing effort to present the Website content that visitors are seeking in a format they find most helpful.
- The North Western Courier will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of any information you provide to us.
- The North Western Courier will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Links to other sites
- You may access other sites external to the Website by clicking on links that have been provided throughout the Website. The North Western Courier is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites. As these sites are not part of The North Western Courier, you will need to contact the organisation/institution that administers the site directly to obtain information about their privacy statement.
- You have the right to access personal information we hold about you subject to the restrictions provided by law. We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you are concerned about our use of your personal information, or if you would like to review or change the information you have supplied us with, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line, "Privacy". We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for access to this information.
- You understand and agree that all material, information and data (such as data files, written text, computer software, audio files, photographs, or other images) accessed or used by, or provided to, you through the Website (the Content) comprises the intellectual property of The North Western Courier or any relevant third parties from whom The North Western Courier may license that Content.
- You understand that by using the Website you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Website products and services at your own risk.
- You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on any of the Content (either in whole or in part) unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by The North Western Courier, or by the owners of that Content, in a separate agreement.
- Except as provided by law, the Website is provided "as is" and without any warranty or condition, express or implied.
- The North Western Courier does not warrant that the information contained in or accessible through the Website is accurate, suitable for your purposes or without errors, omissions or viruses. The North Western Courier does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Website. You acknowledge that access and use of the Website (including the software operating in connection with the Website) may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of The North Western Courier's control. The North Western Courier does not warrant the accuracy of any advice, opinion, statement, representation or other information displayed on or accessible through the Website.
- Subject to the provisions of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth), The North Western Courier makes no representations or warranties in respect of the information and materials available on the Website or the means of accessing that information and material (including software operating in connection with the Website). The North Western Courier accepts no responsibility for any websites operated or controlled by entities other than The North Western Courier which are or may become linked or framed to or from the Website.
Products and Services
- Parts of this Website may enable you to purchase Products or subscribe to a Service. You cannot purchase any Product or subscribe to any Service available on this Website until you are a registered as a subscriber to this Website.
- The North Western Courier's online subscription service is called 'Narrabri Now'. To subscribe to Narrabri Now, you will need to supply your name and an active email address. Subscribers to Narrabri Now receive an electronic newsletter distributed to their nominated email twice each week. You may opt out of this subscription by clicking 'unsubscribe' in the newsletter's colophon at any time.
Further Information on Privacy
- You may obtain further information relating privacy issues by visiting the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.